Saturday, February 26, 2011

Piddling About


While I haven't been terribly busy I've not been idle either.  I decided to take the plunge and join the Happy Quilting Quilt Along.  I fell in love with Melissa's design when I first saw it.  My daughter has been asking for a quilt made from Sunkissed and I've been keeping an eye out for the "perfect" quilt pattern and this looks like it.  I was planning on making the 68x85 size , I figure she'll be able to cuddle up nicely in it.
 I know I'm really late starting but I've held back to see how the pattern would go because I still am still not terribly confident in  my skills.  While I wouldn't feel terribly bad if a project using one charm pack didn't work out, I certainly don't want to ruin a layer cake and two charm packs.  Happily it's looking to be within my capabilities though so I found some cute fabric for the sashing, took a deep breath, cut up my layer cake and started sewing.  I've got ten 16 patch blocks done which is what I need, but...
Turns out I got a little carried away in my block making so there are single squares, doubles, four patches, eight patches and sixteen patches all laying about at the moment.  I may have enough for the next size up.  Tomorrow I'll take stock and go from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news I finally got around to making another block from the Block-a-palooza sew along and I've another in the works.  I'm slowly getting there. 
  This is block 7 by House a la Mode Orange You Glad I Chose A Nine Patch .  I am glad she chose a 9 patch. I really like how it looks. 

That's about it for now.  I do have some new fabrics for show and tell but that will wait for another post. 

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet fabrics you are using too!!!! I'm sure your daughter will love it!

    Quiltingly Yours
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a 68x85 quilt would be perfect for anyone to cuddle under, even an Amazon! That will be a wonderful pattern to use. Have fun with those triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics and a nice sized quilt. I like tuckable quilts not skimpy ones, I like whatever needs to be covered covered, and all at the same time. Your block-a-palooza is so pretty and soft, I love it.

    ReplyDelete