Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Bit of Stitching

I recently had the opportunity to become aquainted with a Pfaff Creative 4.0 sewing/embroidery machine.  I am in love to say the least and am starting to save my pennies (nickles, dimes and quarters too.)
These patterns came off a Demo CD.  A cool dragon that I'm going to use to make a make-up bag for my daughter.  I should have starched my fabric beforehand to prevent the puckering, but it was a rather spur of the moment thing.  She loves it though and that's good enough for me.

Then I decided to make a little something as a Mothers Day gift and came up with some easy kitchen towels.  What a great way to make inexpensive and personal gifts.  The towels were only about $5 for a set of 5 and this turned them from plain ol' to fabulous! 
 
Aren't they cute?!?


hrmmm...Should I add it to the food...or the cook??

Lucky for me, my boyfriend thinks I'm pretty darn good in both areas.

  
And really, who can't appreciate this sentiment?

Then I took some plain white washclothes and added a bit of decorative stitching.
What do you think? Would you appreciate a handmade gift like this? 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun machine. I love that dragon motif. Anyone who wouldn't appreciate a pretty handmade gift must be mad!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're really cute, Anita! I have a machine that does embroidery and I am too busy doing straight stitching that I rarely use the embroidery module :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat! OOoh I could see falling in love with this machine! I don't sew worth a darn but this looks like fun! That dragon is KILLER! The makeup bag is gonna rock!

    Sorry I haven't been by as often to your craft blog! I am scrolling back to see what's been going on! Looks like another busy bee :)

    ReplyDelete