Sunday, December 11, 2011

Flaps on Mittens = Flittens

My daughter has been complaining of how cold her hands get as she walks home from the school bus stop.  I discovered that it was her way of hinting that I needed to get my knitting needles out.

She had a specific idea on what she wanted to keep her hands warm, either a pair of knitted gloves or mittens with flaps so she could have her fingers free if needs be.  Not feeling up to the task of knitting ten fingers I vetoed the gloves but rather liked the latter idea which we have dubbed as flittens.
The two of us snuggled up on the bed one night and did a search on Ravelry and found a pattern that suited both of us.  Me for simplicity and her for looks.
I used Red Heart Soft yarn in Teal on three size 4 needles to make these.  It's worked up really easily and I only split the ply in a couple of places.  They're about done, I just need to finish the flaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment