Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wilfred the Snowman Block

I'm in a block swap on Ravelry and our December theme is...wait for it...Christmas. Big surprise on that one eh? Yeah, not so much.
The heart stopping surprise here is that for once I'm ahead of the game and have my block done *gasp* early! We haven't even had partners assigned yet.
I fudged a little though, rather than a blatant Christmas theme such as a tree or ornament or whatnot I decided to do a snowman dressed in his holiday best.

I named him Wilfred and he's very happy to make your acquaintance

Materials used:
Lion Brand Hometown USA in New York White for basic block
Red Heart Holiday Red/Silver for scarf & pom pom
Deborah Norville Everyday in Snow White for pom pom
Crystal Palace Yarns Panda Silk in color 4005 for the hat
I found the stinkinest cutest carrot button by JHB for his nose and the eyes and mouth are cut from felt then glued on with Aileens Ok to Wash It before I blanket stitched around them with black thread.
I think he turned out pretty durn cute and I hope my swap partner enjoys him.

No comments:

Post a Comment