Thursday, August 19, 2010


I'm not sure what's going on with the weather. It started going downhill yesterday and hasn't improved since. It feels like early fall rather than late summer. It's cold, wet and windy.
The tiny sliver of sunny sky that you can see in the picture disappeared completely quite some time ago.
It was just really overcast earlier this morning so I let Lucy and Ethel out of their run to roam the yard. They decided to come pay a visit. :)
Pardon the dirty glass (nose slides of three puppies), They paced back and forth tapping on it with their beaks. Maybe they figured that since all the other animals were inside they should be too. Or they sensed the coming rain. I led them back to their run to weather the storm.

They've been good layers, I get two eggs a day and they are delish. We had fried eggs for breakfast this morning.
They're medium eggs, brown in color and I'm not sure which one it is, but I get a speckled egg from one of them. It's funny because sometimes the speckles are a pale tan color and others a darker brown.
I have to think of ways to use eggs though to make the most of the freshness because we don't usually eat a lot of fried eggs. Mmmm, maybe a bacon and potato quiche!

No comments:

Post a Comment