Saturday, July 2, 2011

False Starts and a New Project

I hope it doesn't set the tone of the whole quilt when you cut the first fabric completely wrong. 

I finally got some time to start cutting out the Florentine Fancy quilt.  The fabrics are numbered so I've got an M6029 white and an M6029 Black...I grabbed the black when I should have the white and started cutting, not sure what I was thinking on that one.  Good thing there's more where it came from.  Also, the sample quilt shows that there's been some fussy cutting done but the pattern doesn't mention it at all so we'll have to see how that works with the yardage.  

On a happier note, I get to make this quilt by Warren Kimble and will probably end up teaching a class on it,  It on the whole much more me.  We don't have this fabric line though so I get to find something else to created it with and I'm really looking forward to it.  (I adore the mitered corners.)
Free pattern found here.

1 comment:

  1. I like this better! Mitered corners?! You like them?! You'll have to show us how you do them.

    ReplyDelete