Saturday, August 13, 2011

County Fair Textiles (pic heavy)

In the distance I can hear the rumble of the fireworks that signal the end of our county fair.  This year we went all but one night to see the sights and had lots of fun.  I don't have a lot to say, but thought I'd let you see some of the textile arts that were on display.  Some of the pictures came out a bit blurry, but you get the idea.

For your viewing pleasure.
This quilt was HUGE!

I loved this dress, it had a very medieval feel to it.

This quilt was made by one of the customers of my store for a contest we had, she won that, then entered it in the fair.  Look at those ribbons!

Love this quilt block!

Sad this turned out so blurry, but I love the colors in this quilt.

A cute puzzle quilt. 

Love this quilt, and the colors.

Another blurry picture

A close up (and clearer) view of the quilt above.

A beautiful embroidered suit with matching satchel. 

Closeup.

This beautiful shawl was knit by an acquaintance of mine.  She does amazing work. 

Two very different quilts, my favorite is the one on the wall.

Wow!

Close up view of a big scrap quilt.

A beautiful cross stitch design.

Close up.



Hope you enjoyed.  . 

1 comment:

  1. Loved that log cabin! Wonder how long it took to make? I see myself making one like this after I've been collecting scraps for about 50 years. 48 more years to go!

    ReplyDelete