Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Things I can't live without. at the moment

I got hit hard and fast with a summer cold yesterday.  It just seems so wrong to be laid up and sick during the summer.  I'm just grateful that I don't have to try and work today or tomorrow.  Meanwhile, Lewis has given me strict orders to remain in bed except for food and bathroom breaks.  Here are some of the things that I can't live without today.
Puffs Plus with Lotion... I won't allow anything else to touch my nose, they make a huge difference when you're using one every other minute or more.

This stuff is great, it tastes good and works.  If you like, add a splash of brandy before bed and you'll sleep like a baby.
When I'm not drinking my medicine, this is my go to.  My trusty electric kettle has been around for years but will boil water for me in moments, the tea, well, it's PG Tips, what more can I say, and the honey is quite simply the best I've ever had, a local raw honey that I picked up at the farmers market.
I'll be honest, I've never been a thimble wearer.  My mother always used one for hand sewing but I've never done a lot of hand sewing so had no occasion to do so.  Yesterday though, while waiting in the Dr.'s office I was working on a hand sewing project... when I came home I spent the next hour or so hunting down my thimble.  This one I picked up at an estate sale in California and it fits perfectly.  It's my new best friend.
And finally, a project to work on.  This is my Florentine Fancy quilt that I am finally binding.  I've got two edges done and two more to go.  I hope I don't regret it later but I couldn't find any red cotton thread  and I'm not going out sick, so I'm using Rayon.  Good thing it's a wall hanging. 

1 comment:

  1. Poor girl! Feel better soon!
    I'll stick some chicken noodle soup in an envelope and send off to you.

    ReplyDelete